Thursday, May 6, 2010

Stealing tommorrow from today

I can't get enough of the Great Lake Swimmers. They're smooth mellow magic is like a long bath. Letting your head sink in the water. Holding your breath and submerging. Blocking out the sound of the world and listening to your heartbeat. Watching the steam rise from your body and dissapearing.


Their new video is wonderful too. It reminds me of camping at Andrea's cabin in Pine Valley, Utah. One time I was there with the usual crowd, we were all just hanging out in the morning. I wandered a little ways off and found some super tall grass. Everyone saw me walk into the grass, and then I was gone. I dissapeared and melted into the earth. I watched spiders build their webs and flies flit around. I let an inch worm inch up my arm. A little green spider, which I of course name Mortimer, took a journey across my legs. I heard everyone say, "Where did Laura go? She just disappeared," I loved it.
I guess I need to find a field...
Post script: My birthday's coming...and I don't have the new GLS album.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!