I've decided to stop blogging. I guess I just got tired of writing in my journal and making it public. I can't put in any of the juicy details or personal bits, and well, maybe it's just a sad attempt to get views or try to validate my owns opinions. I'm not trying to harsh on anyone else's blog. There are some great blogs out there and I really appreciate keeping up with friends, but my blog isn't about that anymore.
For my last post I want to mention some lessons I've learned over the last year, and in true Laura-blogging form, I'll present it as a list.
1. This lesson supersedes all of my other lessons. I can't teach anyone anything. I can't make someone know something. I can't give anyone sufficient answers. So many people are searching for complex answers to complex questions, but the truth is- that's all crap. You'll spend years, and probably your lifetime, searching for answers in vain, when the truth is you already know the answers. The truth is simple. We want someone else to do the work for us and to give us satisfying answers to life's conundrums, but only we can find the answers for ourselves. I've learned so many lessons this year, none of which I can begin to explain on a blog. I can't give your the answers- that's up to you and God, whoever that is to you (I can't tell you who that is either).
Okay, so I wrote several more lessons, but then I realized it was all pointless to share. Lesson one says it all. So here's a reading list, take it or leave it :)
The Life and Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith by Truman G. Madsen
Jesus the Christ by James E. Talmage
Anything from Hugh Nibley
My favorite quote
The Joseph Smith papers
The King Follett Sermon
The Fisherman and his Wife by the Brothers Grimm
If you're doing what you should be doing, then you'll be doing what you should be doing. The more good you do, the more good you do. You always find what you're looking for.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comment!