Sunday, June 5, 2011

FOOD Re-vamp.

Once again, unhealthy foods are taking over! It's time for a summer detox.
Step one: BUY these books.
 (These actually are in a particular order, the Slim for Life one is better than the You Are What You Eat, but the Food Bible is a great companion for either)


I just LOVE LOVE Dr. Gillian McKeith. My affair all started with BBCA and her show, You Are What You Eat. Then I bought the book. Then I lost 45 pounds and felt great. Then I started working out a lot and stopped losing weight and I've been feeling icky. Answer, I'm not doing what Gillian would want me to do. On a side note, I don't want to sound like I'm in a creepy cult and Gillian is my leader, but she's hilarious and brilliant....and it fits the flow of this post. So yeah.
Today's menu.
Breakfast: Fruit smoothie. Quick Oats.
Lunch: Cantalope, watermelon, strawberries
20 mins later: Lettuce, spinach, kidney beans, clover sprouts (which I've always hated...but am surprised to find, am enjoying), tofu, fresh cilantro, dry spices
YUM! I hope I'm smart and I keep it up. I know I can do it. I've done it before!
I can't wait to make the mung bean casserole! I never thought I'd say that. Here are some of her other bean recipes that are free online: BEANS!!! (I love beans and tofu as a meat alternative!)
Step two: Get you some fresh food! Lucky for me I've found a super cheap and wonderful produce place!  
Carlos' Produce

Step three: Become super healthy! Whether you want to lose weight, gain weight, maintain, become healthier, etc. This is the plan for you. Uccck. This is a commercial isn't it? Hmm...okay. It's a commercial for healthy, natural, organic if possible, healthy, unprocessed, colorful, flavorful food! It's a commercial for exercise! Yay running and weight training! Yay hiking, biking, tennis, walks, laser tag and dancing!

Ironic part of the blog: I just made a batch of cupcakes...but they're not for me! I did however eat one mini cupcake, see Gillian's 90/10 rule (Slim for Life)! Seriously, I should get an endorsement cut or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!