Saturday, April 17, 2010

Amazing Day!

So I'm feeling good! Last night was a good night- BBQ/dance party with friends and cousins- check. Good times- check. Good night’s sleep- check! Good dreams- check!
Try again...
No....
Almost there...
GOT IT! Here's a lovely picture of Hillary, Me and Megan at the BBQ/dance party.
Party girls!
So this morning I started the day with sleeping in- it was glorious! After I woke up I made a fruit smoothie and did the dishes from last night. Then I cleaned my room and got dressed (my green dress that I love, whites tights, and brown loafers. Once my room and me were all clean I made the perfect sandwich. Lettuce, mayo, mustard, avocado, cucumbers and black olives- heaven!
Post sandwich I headed over to Weber State to check out the senior art show- it was AWESOME! Did I mention the perfect weather- well the weather was perfect.
I liked the interpretation of these photos into this stringy stuff...I don't think it's a part of the senior show, but it was still cool

I loved this, again I don't think it was part of the senior show- just student work. It's metal and wood.
I loved this show- flowers with mixed media and watercolor stuff.
This last piece totally reminded me of Anna's 3d project that was a ball of barbed wire and wood:
This show was something great to look at! Big red balloons and mixed media collages!
I liked this piece of one of the works:
This collection was flowers with womens legs. I loved the vibe!
After the show I wandered around the art building in search of ideas and visual treats:

The reason I liked this one is because those flowers are 3d added on flowers. I just liked the idea of having part of it pop- literally!
I liked this because I'm taking pictures like this all the time- so I think I should make a collage of them! Maybe paint one even!

After my grand art trip (it’s got me excited to create this summer!) I headed back home to do homework. HA, change of plans. After a little facebook break I headed back out to find some picture frames at the DI. But what’s this?! On my way out I check the mail and I got 2 Netflixes and a book from Anna Reeve Johnson! Nice! I love the book (it’s a sort of art task and adventure book- so look forward to seeing some pictures of my art adventures and tasks!)  BTW, this book is perfect for me right now. This is JUST what I need in my life right now. It may seem silly, but I really do think sometimes God puts thoughts in our heads like, "Hey, Anna, you're not using that book- you should send it to Laura."
Possible glitch in the perfect day? I can’t find the DI! Who cares, turn around and head back to that thrift store I got my sparkly dress at! One frame found- check! Amazing woodcut cards (3 for $.25!)- check! Cat/menopause gift/joke- check! Excess Baggage (my favorite movie lately that I keep watching on Netflix instant play)- check!
What’s next? Go home? No way! How about a turn on 25th? Antique store!? I’m there! Who should I meet? Cool girl with similar glasses and nice hair from elementary math class! She’s an artist too? There’s a gallery upstairs and I get a private viewing?-check! Meander antique store, chat with owner- check! See a Joan Fontaine autographed picture I can’t afford, but would love to have- check! Soak up the ambiance, inspiration and ideas- check!
On to the ice cream! Farr’s ice cream on Washington! Novelty candy and lemon ice cream! CHECK! More cards for only 50 cents! Check!
I love love hexagon tile!
Cool bottlecap tile at Farr's in the bathroom! Always wash your hands after thrifting!
Lemon ice cream to die for!
It’s only 5:24 and it’s been a great day! Moral of the story- go out and find an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!