Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Money, that's what I want.

I have spent my whole life trying to convince myself that I didn't care about having money. I guess because I've never had money. I thought rather than figuring out how to get money, I should focus on being happy without it. But...recently I've started thinking, maybe it doesn't have to be that way...



Lately I've been loving I'm A Mormon videos like this one:



When Adonal says, "I have the time, I have the money, I have the desire, and I have the blessing," it makes me think. A desire to have money doesn't have to be a selfish one. And if I can't take care of myself financially, how do I expect to help anyone else.

So, maybe money wouldn't be all that bad...

I could donate to charities
I could travel
I could start my own charity
I could go on humanitarian trips like Adonal!

Uggh. Here we go again. I think of the best blog posts and then half way through writing them, bleh happens. So it's time for a "Laura's personal journal" entry quote.

"Lately I've been thinking...whoah! I've been thinking about how I want to make a change for the better in the world."

So, now that the righteous stuff is done, time for the wish list.



I've always said I would rather have laser hair removal than a fancy engagement ring (it's a gift to both of us), but well...what if I could have both?





You can think I'm lame or weird for Googleing engagement rings, but then I would have to assume that you don't actually know any single women.


And I don't need fancy jewelry, I have plenty...but if the man of my dreams bought me a gold heart locket...I wouldn't exactly be sad...




And maybe, just maybe...if my husband was interested...we could have two tree houses. One for the kids, and one for us.



Also...what would be so awful about having a cabin?


Moral: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment!